Friday 15 November 2013

Model


I started this model thinking about the drawings I made last week. There was a sketch showing how my own disordered ideas were developing, becoming new ones, and then receiving influences from other people. 
I also wanted to create a place that someone could call home, so I explained the importance of the feelings a person has in his house, because that's what makes it his own space, not the quality, not how big it is. I tried to resume all that in a few words: SAFETY, SHELTER, PRIVACY, INDIVIDUAL SPACE, BEAUTY, PERSONALITY, DETAILS, EMOTIONS, DESIGN, UTILITY, COMFORT and RELAX.

While I was building the model, I changed it a lot of times, I made experiments, and finally I decided to create and structure where a person can get in, and feel protected. I created a limit between the interior and exterior space, but not a solid limit, because the objective wasn't to build a prison. It had to be an open space. That's why I used wire, and that's why there's a kind of door, that can never be completely closed. It's a private space, not a cell.
Another reason to use wire came out when I realised how relaxing it was to look the way the wire follows, like the raindrops on a windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment